Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Question to Ask Ourselves

My first series of posts is going to involve an examination of freeway capacity. Right now I'm looking for good sources on the subject that I can cite.

Until then, here's something to ponder. I overheard somebody the other talking about voting against every transit measure, and then said "I don't want buses. I want roads!"

So, here's the question to ask ourselves: Where do you want to go in a car that you cannot currently go because there's not enough roads?

After thinking about that, change the question a bit: Where do you want to go on transit that you cannot currently go because there's not enough transit?

You may find the answers to these two questions are very different from each other. I can't think of anyplace I can't go in a car for the first question. But I can think of a lot of places for question number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment